Saturday, April 28, 2012

Movie Review: Footloose (2011)

This review is of the 2011 remake, which I enjoyed more than I thought I would.  It has to be difficult to take such a loved and iconic film as the original "Footloose" (1984) and try to remake it.  This film does an admirable job because while it's not a shot-by-shot replica there is a lot that's from the original including music and an homage at the beginning of the film.  There's some great dancing in this one thanks to female lead Julianne Hough.

Overall I have to say that anyone who enjoyed the original will most likely like the new one because there's so much that's similar or same.  People who had no interest or didn't like the original should skip this one as well as anyone looking for vast difference from the 1984 classic.  The 2011 reboot is enjoyable for the same audience that enjoyed the 1984 film.  Solid C for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment