Saturday, February 16, 2013

Movie Review: Searching for Sugar Man (2012)

"Searching for Sugar Man" is a Swedish/British documentary about the efforts of two South African fans of American musician Rodriguiz to uncover what became of their favorite musician.  Rodriguiz became a huge star in South Africa but not much was known about him.  Rumors abound about the fate of the musician who seemed to have all the right makings of a star but didn't make it big in America.

This film is simply amazing.  The soundtrack, Rodriguiz's music, made a fan out of me.  I thought the editing and cinematography were great.  The interviews and clips really pull the audience in and made me feel like I was along on this journey to find Rodriguiz along with his fans.  I don't want to spoil the movie's secrets but I think that there is a lot to enjoy here.  From start to finish, this is a musical journey that you will love being on!

Rent this one today!  A+ for me and I'm still listening to Rodriguiz weeks later

No comments:

Post a Comment